Sunday, June 28, 2009

More problems dog Tata DoCoMo launch

Yesterday I wrote about Tata DoCoMo's sloppy launch in Chennai. The problems for Tata DoCoMo doesn't end with distribution.

I finally managed to get hold of a starter pack, courtesy a dealer friend who took pains to alert me that he had the pack. When I got it, he said there were problems with activation. A couple of people who had bought packs had encountered long delays in activation. He immediately sent a message to Tata DoCoMo and got a confirmation message.

I got the starter pack at around 8 p.m.  I waited till 10 p.m. There was no sign of activation. I tried to ring up Tata DoCoMo but the calls never got through.

I checked in the morning. No activation. I called customer care. This time I got through. The guy at the other end was absolutely clueless. He said there was 'some' problem and that the line would get activated by evening. I asked him why it was taking so long. He again pleaded helplessness and as a concession, brought down the expected time of activation to afternoon.

When will it get activated? Will it get activated at all?